Monday, March 17, 2008

and i'm back!

dear cat owner,

let's just pretend that it hasn't been a year and a half since i've updated this. it's been a really stressful few weeks. we're basically living out of two places - which isn't as fun as it sounds... if it even sounds fun. bryans parents have been staying with us, which has been fine but i think after awhile it starts to wear on everyone. the house is almost done, with a few more minor things that need to be finished. it's move in ready now though. the floors are all done as well as the paint. i can't wait for you to see it!

but anyway, i don't want to spend the whole time talking about the house (and trust me, i could). you mentioned in your last post about how you've been able to read a lot more lately. i found that to be the case after i graduated as well.

you read a lot more than i did during school, though. i found myself being extremely burned out in regards to doing anything other than watching tv after a long day of classes. i used to read a lot in high school, and through out college that love really was diminished greatly. after graduation, i really fell into books again. i've noticed though, that it takes a really good book to pull me out of my couch potato mode. the last really good book i read was the kite runner. i think a book needs to have a very good beginning in order to keep my interest long enough to get to that point where it really sucks me in.

i know that when you read - sometimes you don't really start enjoying it until you're to the 3rd or 4th chapter or so. and let's face it - i just don't have the time or the confidence to spend my time waiting for the book to get good.

my boss gave me a book to read a few weeks ago. (we sometimes pass books back and forth and he spends a lot of time reading. he doesn't have cable, something i'd love to give up but never will). i have yet to start it. i feel really bad, he keeps asking me if i've started it yet. i just haven't had the time to even think about opening a book. i need to get back into the groove of reading when i get into bed. right now, i usually get into bed, watch family guy until i get tired and then fall asleep. i've noticed when i do read before bed instead of watching tv i usually sleep better and have better dreams.

so, all that being said - if you ever read a really good book, one worth passing - please let me know. i hope with this new house will come some adjustments to my routine and the way to live my life. i'd like to become a healthier person, both physically and mentally.

this is one reason i can't wait to get a dog. i'm hoping it will force me to get up earlier, go for a daily walk and be responsible for a little more than my lazy cats. speaking of cats, btw - how's lily doing? i love the pictures of her. she looks absolutely precious. i can't wait to meet her.

so, i'm not sure if you caught saturday night live the other night, but i must end my post on this note, since in your last post you talked politics a bit.

in response to tina fey's appearance on weekend update last week in which she said hillary clinton was a bitch, bitches get shit done and bitch is the new black, tracy morgan came on and replied this week:

bitch may be the new black, but black's the new president, bitch.

all my love to you and yours,
your fellow cat owner

No comments: