Sunday, June 29, 2008

Purpose

Well, I'm back.

Turns out we're pretty bad at this "consistency" thing. Sorry about it. Good thing we're our only public.

The biggest thing on my mind tonight is goals. I've been thinking a lot about goals these days. Moving and getting a job and all that stuff had been a big goal of mine. So I got here and I was working on securing things and getting comfortable with everything. Then it started coming together and I got that old familiar feeling of something that was missing. Well, I think I've pegged it. I think it's time again for goals. I've got some ideas in mind and I'm pretty excited about them. I think I'll wax on about it more in depth in my personal blog. Here I just want to talk mostly about how important I've come to realize goals are (to me, at least). I think people need to have something they're working towards or they're done for. Without goals is maybe when we start to feel lost and wonder what the point to everything is. But if we're striving and reaching and adapting and developing, it seems like there really is a point. Or maybe we're just too occupied to think otherwise. Who knows.

Anyway, I'm excited. I've referenced this quote before, but it goes something along the lines of "I love to travel much more than I love to arrive." You know, it basically is saying that the journey towards the goal is where the adventure is and it's by actually getting to the goal that we learn the most. I mostly can't wait to start some new travels.

No comments: